Lemon Sugar Pretzels are a salty sweet snack you just can’t walk away from! It’s a super easy microwavable recipe that just right for spring time!
This is the time of the year when all things lemon appeal to me. Doesn’t it seem like it’s time to wake up the taste buds with fresh citrus flavors? I decided I would turn a bag of pretzels into a salty sweet snack!
Lemon Sugar Pretzels are crazy addicting! There was a bowl of them in the countertop and every time I walked passed them I had to have a conversation with myself. You know the conversation where you try and convince yourself to keep walking, leave your hands in your pockets, drink a glass of water instead of eating one more Lemon Sugar Pretzel, the whole you know your pants are too tight conversation? Please tell me I’m not the only one who talks to myself! Have a pep talk with yourself if you want, I’m guessing you still aren’t going to be able to walk past these lemony pretzels without swiping one, or two, or twenty!
These pretzels are an incredibly simple recipe and only take about five minutes to make from start to finish. I made them in the microwave and it worked perfectly.
First mix oil, lemon extract, lemon rind, and sugar together in a large microwavable bowl.
Add pretzels. Gently toss to coat.
Next, microwave the pretzels for one minute. Stir.
Microwave the pretzels for one more minute. If pretzels are still oily you might need to microwave them for a little bit longer.
Spread pretzels on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle any remaining lemon sugar over the pretzels.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave the chocolate for additional time, in 20 second increments stirring after each time, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Drizzle chocolate over pretzels.
Let completely cool.
Was that easy or what? Simple recipes like this are the kinds of recipes I go to time and time again. And that salty sweet combination is my very favorite combination in the world! It’s ridiculously addicting!
Lemon Sugar Pretzels are such a fun way to welcome spring! They would be so fun to serve for March Madness, Easter, to give as a gift, or of course for eating by yourself!
- 1 16 oz. bag pretzels
- ⅔ c. canola oil
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 T. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. lemon extract (you could also use a few drops of lemon oil if you are into that kind of thing)
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- In a large microwavable bowl mix oil, sugar, lemon extract and zest.
- Add pretzels and toss to coat with sugar mixture.
- Microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Gently stir.
- Microwave for one more minute. If the prezels are still oily you may need to microwave a little longer.
- Spread pretzels on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave by cooking for 1 mintue. Stir. If chips are not completely melted and smooth continue microwaving in 20 second increments until smooth. Watch it carefully as chocolate can burn easily in the microwave. You might want to reduce the power to half power.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over pretzels.
- Let completely cool.
- Store in airtight container.