Summer is my very favorite season of the year. Partially because I love summer food so dang much. I am a carnivore!! I just can’t get enough grilled meat. So often I need to have a meal ready with little notice. So, the summer routine goes something like this.
1. Drag myself out of bed.
2. Talk myself into exercising.
3. Be so glad that I exercised.
4. Talk to my sister while sweeping the floor.
5. Whip together a marinade, pour it over some kind of meat, refrigerate.
6. Continue my day of being “on call” as a parts chaser, cow chaser, bookkeeper, laundry doer, mom, chef, etc.
And as soon as the Big Boss has a small window of time when he thinks he can grab a little bit of lunch, I fire up the grill. It makes meal time so much easier to already have my meat ready to go. So here is a great recipe for you to try. Get it ready in the morning and forget about it until lunch.
Whisk together minced garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, lime and lemon juice, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
Whisk it all together and then reserve a little for basting.
Grill over medium high heat about 4-6 minutes per side. Baste with reserved marinade the last couple minutes of grilling.
Top with fresh parsley. It makes me happy and gives the kids something to pick off.
Lots of yummy flavors in this chicken make my taste buds dance!! It’s moist and perfectly sweet and citrusy at the same time.
Honey and Citrus Chicken Marinade
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 t. Kosher salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 4 T. olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 T. fresh parsley
- Add all ingredients, except chicken and parsley, to a baking dish. Whisk together. Reserve about 1/4 cup marinade for basting.
- Add chicken breasts. Let marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill over medium high heat for about 4-6 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Baste with reserved marinade during last minutes of grilling.
- Let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with chopped fresh parsley.