Ham, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread
We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it just got a whole lot easier with this Ham, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread! It’s another one of those overnight breakfast recipes that will not only make your mornings a cinch, and you’re going to have a happy, happy family in the morning!
Thanks to my friends at Rhodes Rolls for sponsoring todays post! As always all opinions are my own! #frozendough #Rhodes
Raise your hand if you’re in love with make ahead breakfast recipes? Me too! (Check out these recipes! Make Ahead Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole, Egg, Ham, and Cheese Breakfast Calzones, and Blueberries and Cream Sweet Rolls).
You just can’t beat not having to fuss with making breakfast in the morning. It almost feels like cheating at the whole “momming” game when all I have to do is grab my monkey bread out of the freezer, stick it in the oven, and within minutes my whole house smells like freshly baked bread! #winning
Can I make Monkey Bread in a muffin tin?
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread can be made in a traditional bundt pan, a 9″ x 13″ pan, or jumbo muffin tin. Most of the time I go the jumbo muffin tin route because individual servings bake easier, I think they are cute, and my boys don’t fight over who took too much! It’s kind of silly they fight over who ate the most, but it’s real life when you live with 3 boys!
You should have seen the brawl over who got to take the leftovers to school for lunch the next day! Gah!
Rhodes frozen rolls are my favorite ingredient to use in my monkey bread recipes. I always have a bag stashed in the freezer and it’s saved me so many times!
How do I assemble monkey bread using frozen rolls?
You’ll want to allow about 20-30 minutes for the frozen Rhodes rolls to thaw just enough to be able to cut them.
I used a jumbo muffin tin and used one and a half roll in each muffin cup. If you’re using a traditional muffin tin try using 3/4 a roll for each muffin cup (you’d need 9 rolls total either way).
Sprinkle diced ham and cheese over the rolls. Use your fingers to toss them a little bit. No need to get super carried away with the tossing!
Add eggs to monkey bread
I like to use a big glass measuring cup for this next step because it makes it easier to pour into the muffin tins without spilling.
Mix eggs and half and half together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour some into each muffin cup.
Remember the rolls are going to keep rising as it sits. Be sure to leave a little extra room in the muffin tins to allow for the rising or you could end up with eggs all over your fridge! That wouldn’t make breakfast any easier!
If you want to get fancy and add a pop of color, sprinkle chopped parsley over the tops.
Stick them in the fridge and they’ll be ready for you in the morning.
Baking Monkey Bread.
All you need to do in the morning is take them out of the fridge and stick them in the oven to bake. Be sure to set the muffin tin on a baking sheet just in case they overflow a bit. I haven’t had this happen before, but it makes me a litle nervous every time!
If you’re using a bundt pan you’ll need to allow a more time to bake through since it will be thicker. A muffin tin only takes about 20-25 minutes to bake through.
Aren’t they gorgeous! Now imagine how amazing they smell! It’s comforting isnt’ it! Throw a bunch of grapes with it and breakfast is ready!
The bottoms will have more of the egg mixture than the top and my kids love it that way! Bits of cheese get cripsy on top, and the insides are full of savory ham, all nestled in fluffy bread!
Breakfast is served!
Grab Ham, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread Recipe!
Pretend like time is standing still (I know that doesn’t happen in the morning, but we’re pretending) and pull each little piece of monkey bread off and enjoy all that goodness! Get in the kitchen and get Ham, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread in the fridge so you can wake up to this!
Ham, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread
- 9 Frozen Rhodes Rolls
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 c. half and half
- 1 c. diced ham
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped parsley optional
Assembling Monkey Bread
- Grease jumbo muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
- Set 9 Rhodes rolls in the muffin tin. Some muffin cups will have 2 rolls and some will have 1 roll. We're going to work that out in a minute. Let rolls sit in muffin tins for about 20 minutes, or until they are thawed enough to cut with scissors.
- Cut rolls in quarters, placing 6 qaurters in each muffin cup.
- Evenly divide diced ham and cheese and sprinkle over rolls in the muffin cups. Use your fingers to toss the rolls, ham, and cheese together a little bit.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper in a large measuring cup. Pour egg mixture evenly in muffin cups. Be sure to not fill them over 3/4 full. You might have more egg mixture than will fit. If so, disgard extra egg mixture. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired.
- Cover muffin tin with greased plastic wrap, set on a rimmed baking sheet just incase it overflows during the night. Refrigerate overnight, or until rolls have doubled.
Baking Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set muffin tins on a baking sheet just in case they overflow. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tin and serve immediately!