A great way to use leftovers!
Since I know what each boys likes, and more importantly…doesn’t like, I customized them to their particular taste. To some I added sauteed mushrooms and onions, to some I added bacon and to some I added extra cheese. To mine I added all of the above! I served these Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla with Sunshine Smoothies. Amazingly enough I didn’t have a single boy complain about eating this breakfast! Yay for me! Yay for quesadillas!
Happy Easter and happy eating leftovers!
Here’s the recipe!
- 2 flour tortilla shells
- 1 T. butter
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- ½ c. ham, diced
- ½ c. grated Swiss cheese
- ½ c. grated cheddar cheese
- mushrooms, sauteed
- onions, sauteed
- bacon, sauteed
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Lay one tortilla shell to skillet.
- Sprinkle grated Swiss cheese on tortilla.
- Sprinkle diced eggs and ham over cheese layer.
- Next, sprinkle any other optional toppings.
- Add layer of cheddar cheese.
- Top with remaining tortilla.
- As soon as the bottom tortilla is golden brown, flip the whole quesadilla over. Let me know if you figure out how to do this without spilling all the yummy inside ingredients. If you do...just scoop them back in with a spatula.
- Continue cooking until second side is golden brown.
- Remove to a cutting board. Cut into wedges.
- Serve warm!