You can whip up a batch of Grilled Cheese Pizza Rollups faster than the pizza delivery guy can bring pizza to your doorstep! Besides that they taste even better and kids love helping make them!
Hi friends! Summer is here! Yay! I couldn’t be more excited! Life is just as busy during the summer on the farm as it is during the winter, but it’s so much more enjoyable! Of course there are still deadlines and plenty of work to do but its hands on, outside, no homework type of work.
The boys have already been busy with all kinds of jobs; sorting cows, changing parts on the milking machines in the barn, cutting hay down, and mechanic work. They are filthy every single night but I’d so much rather deal with that than with trying to remember how to graph and inequality so I can teach my 7th grader how to do it!
GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA ROLLUPS – THE VIDEO
As you can imagine all that hard work makes hungry boys…really hungry boys! The other day I whipped up a whole loaf of bread worth of Grilled Cheese Pizza Rollups and they were gone in no time! My plan was to serve them with a green salad which is perfect with pizza right? I’m pretty sure the boys totally skipped the salad and only ate Pizza Rollups!
GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA ROLLUPS- SO MUCH TO LOVE ABOUT THESE
Grilled Cheese Pizza Rollups are the best of both worlds; pizza and grilled cheese. Both of which are wildly popular around here! I’m telling you the combo is stellar! Anything with cheese is going to be awesome!
They are extra fun as a pizza rollup and perfectly easy to dunk in marinara sauce or ranch dressing!
So if you are craving pizza skip pizza delivery and save yourself some dough! Grilled Cheese Pizza Rollups are practically just as easy as ordering pizza because you don’t even have to make dough! (I wonder how many times I could use the work dough in this paragraph. J
Get these babies whipped up right now! Obviously this recipe can be altered to make as many or as few as you want! Whatever you do make more than you think you need because they will go fast!
GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA ROLLUPS- PRINTABLE RECIPE
If you love pizza as much as we do, you need to check these out!
Grilled Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Rollups
- 4 slices white bread
- 16 pieces sliced pepperoni
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 T. butter
- Cut crust of bread.
- Roll bread out flat with rolling pin.
- Sprinkle cheese over bread.
- Add layer of pepperoni over cheese.
- Roll up jelly roll style. They might come unrolled just a little bit but don’t stress about it. I found that if I roll them up just a little looser it actually works better. Some brands of bread tear a little more than others but don’t stress about that either. After rolling them up I pinch the seem just a little in an effort to get them to stay closed.
- Melt 3 T. butter in a shallow dish.
- Roll Grilled Cheese Pizza Rollups in butter. Set aside.
- Over medium heat melt remaining 1 T. butter in a skillet.
- Add Grilled Cheese Pizza Rollups to skillet. Let them cook until golden then flip over and cook until the other side is golden.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately with marinara sauce!