This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Breathe Right, DIAL®, Halls, Kleenex, Theraflu and TYLENOL®. All opinions are mine alone. #HappilyStocked #CollectiveBias
Today I’m excited to share a few of my favorite Germ Season Prep Hacks! The only thing worse than being sick when you are the mom is having sick kids, or even worse yes is having a sick husband! Sickness never happens on a conveniently quiet week either so why not do everything you can to prepare for it?
It seems like when it rains it pours, especially when it comes to spreading sickness around the family. I will never forget one particularly crazy year when we just couldn’t escape one single germy sickness that was being passed around our community. My husband was flat in bed, I was headed back to the hospital with my two year old for the second time within a couple weeks, and I was struggling with my own kidney stone. All of that was happening at the same time. I just wanted a little relief; a nap, a happy two year old, and a husband that could go to work or at least help!
I remember asking the doctor why this kept happening over and over for what seemed like an eternity. Am I not cleaning my house good enough? Should I be sanitizing my door handles every single day? Should we lock ourselves in our house and never leave again? Of course none of those are very practical solutions, besides I’m kind of a clean freak so we really couldn’t blame our troubles on a dirty house. All I know is I never want to repeat that week again!
The more sickness we can avoid the happier we all are, but no matter how much I try someone always brings home germs and bugs to share! That’s why I’m passionate about trying to take extra steps, especially at this time of the year, to avoid getting sick in the first place.
Now remember, the farm is about an hour from the nearest grocery store. I can promise you if someone does get sick the last thing we want to do is make the trek to town to grab needed supplies and that’s why I like to stock up on things like Kleenex tissues, TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets, Halls cough drops, and popsicles, before we even begin to feel crummy!
Here’s a few Germ Season Prep Hacks that help you stop those germs in their tracks so you can pass by as many of those bugs as possible.
- Wash all the doors knobs, remotes, and other frequently touched surfaces to make sure they are clean.
- For during family night we discuss all the little tips for helping to stop germs from spreading in the first place. It’s the little things like sneezing into their inner elbow, and trying not to touch our faces that seem to really help.
- As soon as the kids get home from school they thoroughly wash their hands with Dial. The beginning of germ season is a great time to teach the kids to wash their hands the whole time they singing the ABC’s song! Dial Complete Foaming Hand Wash is antibacterial and it leaves your skin feeling hydrated and soft. It smells good too which is important when you are the mom!
- My kids backpacks, cars, and lockers are restocked with Kleenex Trusted Care On-The-Go Pocket Tissues so they will have a tissue to help prevent the spread of viruses wherever they are. Kleenex tissues are extra soft (which is important when you are trying to talk kids into using tissues), a great value, and I love that one tissue is all you need!
- Each member of my family has a weekly pill organizer that’s repurposed into a weekly vitamin organizer filled with the vitamins and supplements that are specific to their needs! At breakfast I set the table with plates, cups, and our vitamin trays! After I started religiously doing this one little thing our family seemed to just stay a healthier!
November is here and along with it is a pile of yucky germs. Like I said, no matter how many Germ Season Prep Hacks we implement we still seem to end up with some sort of illness. When it settles at our house I like be stocked up with all kinds of items that will help us get through it!
The second part of my Germ Season Prep Hack focuses on being prepared incase your family does catch something yucky that’s floating around. When you, or your family, is feeling under the weather I can’t think of a more dreaded task than heading out to grab everything you need to get you on top of your game again.
The other day we stopped by Fred Meyer and stocked up for all of our wellness needs to help us be prepared for seasonal sniffles. When you do get sick and feel like curling up in a blanket for days at a time these products will give you “Reasons to Believe” you are going to make it and better days are on the horizon! There’s even great savings on these products you can take advantage of the next time you are at Fred Meyer. Be sure to use all products as directed on package. For more information about each product see below.
- Of course I grabbed a bag of Halls cherry drops because that’s what we reach for to soothe scratchy throats and to relieve hacking. When the kids just can’t stop hacking I send a few Halls drops to school with them. We all know they can’t focus on math when their throat is scratchy.
- TYLENOL® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets stop painful coughing, congestion, and sore throats. In fact, it’s the #1 doctor recommended pain relief brand. And you know what else I love about it? It has a feel better or your money back guarantee!
- Grab some Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Syrup for some powerful relief without needing a prescription! How nice is that!
- Breathe Right Extra Clear helps you Breathe Better, Sleep Better, and Feel Better. It’s an easy way to get instant nasal congestion relief that’ drug free (yes it’s safe to use with any medication). I’ve always said, “If you can sleep through the night you can handle anything during the day”. I truly believe that! You know what else is awesome about Breathe Right Extra Clear? Anyone can use them, except children under the age of 5! If you’ve ever had a congested kiddo you know how important it is to increase their airflow so they can breathe better.
I’m crossing my fingers hoping my kids don’t drag some nasty germs and bugs home from school. Here on the farm we don’t get PTO, or sick days. We pretty much go to work every day because the cows are counting on us to take care of them. Even if we are sick we still have to go to work so it’s important for us to stay healthy and get better quickly when we do get down.
Nobody feels like they have time to be sick, and if they do have time that’s not how you want to spend it anyway! Try these Germ Season Prep Hacks and hope for the best! Here’s to a happy and healthy germ season! For more more inspiring information about getting stocked up go to All Together Ready!
Breathe Right – Read and follow label directions.© The Dial Corporation, a Henkel company – Claims based on unit sales of soap products in last 52 weeks scanned dataHALLS Cough Drops temporarily soothe sore throats.
Kleenex® is a Registered Trademark of Kimberly-Clark Worldwide, Inc. © KCWW..
Theraflu – Read and follow label directions. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use products only as directed.
TYLENOL® – Use products only as directed. The makers of TYLENOL® remind you to use only one medicine with acetaminophen at a time.