This is one of my favorite Springtime desserts. It is super simple to make. I am an “eat with my eyes” type of girl. Making this pizza is fun for me because it is creating a piece of artwork.
The typical fruit pizza crust is made from a sugar cookie dough recipe. One day I decided to switch it up and made this oatmeal crust. Let me tell you, it is so much better. I love it! It’s a little bit of crunchy with the fruit and the pizza sauce. No more sugar cookie crusts for me.
Mix oatmeal, butter, flour and brown sugar.
Press into a pizza pan. I lined mine with parchment paper first. Bake 375 degrees for twelve minutes. Let crust cool.
Arrange sliced fruit on pizza sauce. Bananas, kiwi, blueberries and mandarin oranges are yummy too. Be creative. This has to be served relatively soon after you make it. It’s pretty enough to be served to distinguished guests, they will be impressed.
Fruit Pizza with Oatmeal Crust
- Pizza Sauce:
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pizza Crust:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pizza Toppings:
- Strawberries kiwi, mandarin oranges, blueberries, bananas or any other fruit
- Mix butter, flour, oats and sugar together. Mixture will be a little crumbly. Spread on a small pizza pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12minutes. Watch it to make sure it doesn't over bake. Let crust cool.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice together. Spread over cooled pizza crust.
- Arrange desired fruit over the crust and sauce.
- Serve almost immediately.