A salad tossed in a cranberry vinaigrette explodes with all the best fall flavors! Cinnamon sugar walnuts are one of my favorite parts of this salad. It’s simple enough for weeknight meals and pretty enough for Holiday meals!
I love green salad! It’s so yummy. And I love that I can change it up for every season. In the fall I love to add dried cranberries, apples, pears and whatever else I can think of. And this cranberry salad dressing is a sure bet to make this salad feel like fall.
Spray a microwave safe dish with cooking spray. Toss chopped walnuts with cinnamon and sugar. Microwave for about a minute and a half. Microwave in thirty second intervals, stirring in between.
Set these aside and let cool. They will be ready when you assemble salad.
This salad dressing couldn’t be easier. Whisk cranberry sauce, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, ginger and oil together. If you like more smooth vinaigrette use jellied cranberry sauce. If you like some chunks use whole cranberry sauce.
This cranberry vinaigrette is kinda sweet, kinda vinegary and really yummy!
Assemble the salad by layering all of the ingredients.
1. Chopped green lettuce
2. Dried cranberries
3. Cinnamon sugar walnuts
4. Feta Cheese
5. Fresh sliced pears
Serve with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Pear Salad with Cranberry Dressing
- Cranberry Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 c. cranberry sauce
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 t. ginger
- 6-8 c.green leaf lettuce
- 2 pears sliced
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- Cinnamon Sugar Walnuts:
- 1/2 c. rough chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and sugar
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together. Refrigerate until time to serve.
- Spray a microwave bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Mix walnuts and cinnamon sugar together. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals. Let cool.
- Assemble salad by layering lettuce, cranberries, feta cheese, walnuts and pears on individual plates or in a serving bowl.
- Serve with cranberry vinaigrette.