Fiesta Fruit Slush happens to be my husbands favorite summer treat! He could skip dinner entirely and have this fruity little drink instead. Since fruit is one of the four food groups, I will go along with him on this one!
Welcome to Day #5 of Kick Off to Summer Week, a multi-blogger event co-host by Lauren of From Gate to Plate and Summer of Summer Scraps. With summer quickly approaching and Memorial Day in a few weeks, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your Memorial Day activities. Each day we will be serving up a variety of different appetizers, main dishes, desserts, decor, printables and more all centered around the up-coming Memorial Day. We hope you enjoy all of these wonderful ideas. Tune in each day starting with Monday, May 12 and ending on Saturday, May 17. We have great prizes up for grabs throughout the week so you will not want to miss out on any of the days! Follow #KickOffToSummerWeek2014 on Twitter to keep up to date with all of our spectacular ideas and giveaways!
My mom made this slush years ago for a family party! Honestly, I’m not sure any of the family had a chance to taste any of it because Justin pretty much devoured the whole thing! He is in LOVE with this stuff! He’s right, it is good! It’s packed with lots of fruit, that’s my favorite part!
This drink does require a little “ahead of time” work. Which is kinda nice, because it requires little “at the time” work. You make a syrup and freeze it before. I usually do this days, or even weeks before.
I pour it in cool whip, or sour cream containers. Please tell me you save these too. Put them in the freezer and that’s it for the “ahead of time” work!
About an hour before you are ready to serve the punch pour fruit and and frozen lemon ice in a big bowl. Occasionally, gently stir it breaking up the pieces of ice.
Just before serving add banana’s and pineapple. That’s it!
Isn’t this so pretty? I love it for the 4th of July, Memorial Day and pretty much any other day! It’s perfect for barbecues. Bring Fiesta Fruit Slush if you want to be the hit of the party!
Fiesta Fruit Slush
- 1 bag triple blend berries blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
- 6 bananas sliced
- LEMON ICE:
- 4 c. sugar
- 4 c. water
- 4 c. water
- 1 c. lemon juice
- LEMON ICE:
- Boil sugar and 4 cups water for five minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining 4 cups water and lemon juice.
- Pour in cool whip containers and freeze.
- hour before serving put lemon ice and fruit in a large bowl.
- Occasionally toss ice and fruit, breaking up the lemon ice.
- Just before serving add bananas and pineapple. Stir.
- NOTE: I usually freeze a full batch of lemon ice. But, when I make the slush I only use half of the lemon ice and cut the remaining ingredients in half. Having lemon ice already in the freezer makes it extra simple to serve this another time. Besides a whole batch makes LOTS! I'm not exactly sure how many servings it makes. It depends on what size each serving is. One serving for my husband is about 3 cups! 🙂
Looking for more ideas? Check out the rest of the Kick Off to Summer Week bloggers below!
Lemon Brookies by From Gate to Plate
Easy Red Wine Strawberry “Coolers” by Keep it Simple, Sweetie
Memorial Day: How to Make a Wreath by Lil Huckleberries
Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches with Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Perfect Fresh Lemonade by Forty Eighteen
Sparkling Cupcakes by Lady Behind the Curtain
Seaside Pasta Salad by The Freshman Cook
Crumb Topped Blueberry Pie by It’s a Keeper
Peanut Butter Mousse Pie by Life on Food
Fiesta Fruit Slush by Little Dairy on the Praire