Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookies – Printable Recipe
You guys, adding rice crispy cereal gives Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookies an added texture that I just love!
My boys take a lunch from home to school everyday. Like I said, I’m a dessert addict and so I figure they need a little treat in their lunch boxes everyday. The only problem is that if I make these cookies and don’t get them in an airtight container and hidden before they get home they devour all the cookies then there is nothing left for their lunches the next day.
So here’s my tip…As soon as the cookies are cooled and ready to be put in a container for storing I grab 3 or 6 (depending on whether I’m saving enough for one days worth or two days worth of lunches) small sealable bags and stick the cookies in there right away. There are a few benefits to this 1. It ensures there are enough cookies leftover for packing in lunches and 2. The cookies are already to go. All I have to do is throw them in the lunch boxes the next morning!
There you go! A Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and a tip for actually having enough leftover to pack lunches the next day!
Follow all my crazy farm and kitchen adventures by following me on instagram!
Deluxe Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. rice crispy cereal
- 2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. shredded coconut
- 1 c. walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating at low-speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and add to creamed mixture. Beat until well combined.
- Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons (or roll into 1 inch balls) onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Recipe from my friend Louise!