Let’s face it. Crispy treats are the first dessert to go at any party! Death by Chocolate Crispy treats are loaded with as much chocolate as you can fit in a single bite making them absolutely irresistible! Get your first because they are going to fly off the plate!
I’m starting to feel a little guilty about not sharing this recipe with you earlier. Death by Chocolate Crispy treats are the best thing ever invented. Okay, maybe not. There are probably a few more important inventions like toilets, cell phones, and comfortable shoes.
I’ve always wondered why I am a crispy treat addict. I don’t really like rice crispy cereal or marshmallows. There’s something about melted marshmallows, coated in butter, all mixed with rice crispy cereal that I CANNOT resist. Then I go off and add chocolate to the mix. Death by Chocolate Crispy treats are packed with an incredible amount of chocolate. In fact, I don’t think you could cram any more chocolate in a dessert than this. I know I can’t resist chocolate so I knew I was in trouble when I made these.
I’m not sure who came up with the “death by chocolate” phrase. Come on? Nobody dies from eating too much chocolate. I decided the phrase should be “death of my jeans by chocolate”. That’s a more accurate statement of what happens right? And it’s so worth it!
My favorite part of about Death by Chocolate Crispy Treats, besides how yummy they are, is how fast they are to make. I wish I had an entire “no bake” cookbook. If you have five minutes and a serious craving for chocolate, grab as much chocolate as you can round up, and make yourself a heavenly treat!
Death By Chocolate Crispy Treats
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 3/4 c. Nutella
- dash salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 c. chocolate rice crispy cereal
- Optional add ins:
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. mini marshmallows in addition to the 10 oz bag
- 1 c. chocolate chunks
- 1. c chopped Oreo cookies
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Add butter to a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add 10 oz. bag of marshmallows and toss to coat. Microwave until marshmallows are barely puffed up. You don't want to over melt them. Stir until smooth. Add salt, vanilla and Nutella.
- Add chocolate rice crispy cereal and "optional add ins" to the marshmallow mixture. Stir to combine.
- Set crispy mixture in prepared pan. I lightly spray the top of the crispy treats with no stick spray before I try to spread them out. That way they aren't too sticky.
- Spread them flat.
- I added a few extra chocolate chips to the top and then gently pressed them in.
- Let sit for a few minutes, if you can resist the treats that long. Then cut into squares.