Crunchy Cauliflower and Cashew Salad happens to be one of my favorite salads, especially in the spring! It’s fresh, creamy, crunchy, salty, and even healthy!
I saw a recipe similar to this Crunchy Cauliflower and Cashew Salad years ago. I knew right away I would love it! I also knew right away my family would not love it. My boys are not shy about proclaiming their dislike for onions, especially green ones, and dill. I LOVE green onions and dill! This recipe had the potential of tricking them into eating both green onions and dill and getting them to like it! After all, boys will eat anything tossed in ranch dressing!
I had been dying to try making this salad in a healthier version. The other day I made it and it was superb! Three of my four boys ate it and they liked it! That means this Crunchy Cauliflower and Cashew Salad rocks! I think it is perfect for Easter dinner, barbecues or potlucks! It always goes fast! It’s a good thing too, because this salad doesn’t keep very long. In fact don’t stir the cashew in, or sprinkle them on top until just before you serve the salad. Otherwise they loose their crunch!
- 2 c. cauliflower florets
- 2 c. frozen peas, thawed
- ⅛ c. sliced green onions (more to taste)
- ¼ c. diced Swiss cheese (optional)
- 3 T. dry ranch dressing and dip seasoning
- ½ t. dried dill weed
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c. sour cream (low fat if desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c. cashews
- In a small mixing bowl mix together yogurt, sour cream, ranch seasoning, dill, salt and pepper. Thin with a little milk if it looks to thick. You want it a little thinner than the consistency of sour cream.
- Add peas, cauliflower, onions and cheese (if desired) to a large mixing bowl. Toss.
- Pour yogurt mixture over veggies and toss to coat. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Just before serving sprinkle with cashews. May toss the cashew in with the veggies if desired.