Cauliflower Pea Salad has an explosion of fun flavors and textures, plus it’s healthy! It has crisp cauliflower, yummy frozen peas, salty bacon, and crunchy cashews tossed in a creamy dilly ranch dressing! This is a great potluck side dish recipe, or perfect for weeknight dinners!
I’m beyond excited for grilling season to be here! It’s the BEST time of the year and this is the time of the year when I start craving fresh fruits and vegetables like crazy! Cashew Salad is perfect served with any grilled meat, at barbecues, potlucks, or right along with most weeknight dinners!
If you’re always on the hunt for easy side dish recipes you’ll love these
- Bacon and Peas– garlicky and buttery, quick and easy
- Oven Roasted Green Beans – with parmesan cheese
- Glazed Carrots– maple glaze
- Grilled Zucchini– in a foil packet for the easiest cleanup ever
Variations of this recipe
There are so many fun ways to make this recipe exactly what you want it to be. Here are a few ideas for making it healthier, or easy to make with ingredients you already have on hand.
- Plain Greek Yogurt- I love using yogurt instead of mayonnaise (Healthy)
- Bacon – add cooked and crumbled bacon for extra flavor
- Other kinds of nuts – use peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, or any other salty nut
- Add broccoli – use one cup chopped cauliflower and one cup chopped broccoli
- Omit onions – there’s still plenty of flavors
- Frozen Peas – I suggest using frozen green peas rather than canned.
Grab my Cauliflower Pea Salad Recipe
We love this salad served with these meals!
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs – make ahead
- 3 Ingredient Grilled Chicken– butter, salt, and pepper
- Marinated Steak – the BEST steak marinade with ingredients you already have
- Slow Cooker Drumsticks – fall apart tender with an amazing glaze
- Chicken Bacon Sandwiches – quick and easy
Be sure to subscribe to my emails to be sure you get the newest recipes!
Crunchy Cauliflower and Cashew Salad
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups green peas thawed
- 1/8 cups scallions optional
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese diced, optional
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp dill weed dried
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cashews roughly chopped
- In a mixing bowl mix together yogurt, sour cream, ranch seasoning, dill, salt, and pepper. Thin with a little milk if it looks too thick. You want it a little thinner than the consistency of sour cream.
- Add peas, cauliflower, bacon, onions, and cheese (if desired) to creamy mixture. Toss to coat.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Just before serving sprinkle with cashews.