Grab a spoon and dive in! With spinach mashed potatoes you still have amazingly creamy mashed potatoes, with a little added nutrition. I don’t know about your kids, but it was much easier to get my kids to eat spinach mashed potatoes than it would have been to talk them into eating steamed spinach or salad!
Creamy Spinach Mashed Potatoes
- 8 medium sized potatoes Yukon Gold are my favorite
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 8 oz. pkg. reduced fat cream cheese room temperature
- ⅓ c. milk
- ¼ c. sour cream reduced fat if desired, OR plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp. season salt
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 c. chopped spinach
- Dice potatoes and add a pot. Cover with water. Bring pot to a boil and for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and fall apart tender.
- While potatoes are boiling finely chop spinach in a food processor.
- Drain water from cooked potatoes. Add potatoes back to pot and put pot back on burner. Turn heat to low. Mash potatoes with potato masher.
- Add butter, sour cream, cream cheese, salt, season salt, pepper and milk. Stir until everything is mixed together. Add more milk for a thinner consistency.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped spinach and stir to combine.
- Pour potatoes in a serving dish and serve immediately.