I make this stuffed French toast in the day before, let it hang out in the refrigerator overnight, and let it bake in the morning while I’m getting ready for my day. The cranberry cheesecake filling in this French toast is so scrumptious. This dish is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning!
If you have been following my blog for any period of time you already know that I try to cram way to many hours of work into my mornings. The more my kids accomplish in the morning, the less they have to do after school. And they NEVER want to do homework, piano, etc. after school. They would much rather go outside and feed the horses, take care of their goats, and try to make old pickups and snowmobiles run again. I can’t say I blame them. You know if a kid is going to practice the piano or spelling words in the morning they are going to need some help from mom! That’s why make ahead breakfast are the bomb at my house!
The other day I started kicking the idea of adding cranberries to my original stuffed cream cheese French toast recipe. I loved it from the minute I saw the gorgeous cranberry color, to the very last bite. I’m now in love with cranberry and cream cheese in the same bite!
Grab a loaf of French bread. I always buy mine at Walmart, because Walmart is near my kids’ piano lessons, and because their French bread is always 99 cents. Maybe it’s 98 cents, regardless it’s less than a dollar! Slice it up.
Mix cream cheese, sugar, orange zest, and cranberry relish together to make the scrumptious filling.
Spread filling on half of the bread slices.
Set remaining bread slices over the cream cheese filling.
Squish them in a pan, pour egg mixture over the top of the whole thing. Put slices of butter on top of the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the morning, when you will take it out of the fridge and bake it.
Top it with raspberry syrup, fresh fruit, or whipping cream!
Cranberry Cheesecake French Toast is so gorgeous and absolutely scrumptious. If you are still looking for the perfect Christmas breakfast, look no further. If you need a quick breakfast for busy weekday mornings, this is you answer! I fell in love at first bite and I bet you will too!
Cranberry Cheesecake French Toast (Make Ahead Breakfast)
- 1 loaf French bread cut in 1/2" slices
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese room temperature
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/3 c. cranberry relish or canned cranberry sauce
- 1 T. orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. evaporated milk or 1/2 and 1/2
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 T butter
- fresh fruit raspberry syrup, cranberry relish, and whipping cream for toppings
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Slice loaf of French bread into 1/2 inch slices.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add orange zest and cranberry relish and mix until incorporated.
- Spread filling on half of the bread slices.
- Set remaining bread slices over the cream cheese filling. Set stuffed french toast in pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Pour mixture over the top of the French toast. (If you are in a hurry and want to eat this French toast soon, let it sit for 10 minutes then flip over. If you are refrigerating over night, it will work it's magic and you don't have to flip the bread).
- Put slices of butter on top of each French toast.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the morning.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (If you aren't refrigerating over night you probably won't have to bake as long because it will likely already be room temperature.)
- Top it with either raspberry syrup, fresh fruit, cranberry relish, and whipping cream!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin French Toast is a favorite all fall long!
Cheesy Biscuits and Gravy are my boys favorite hearty breakfast. Making the gravy the day before makes it a snap to throw together in the morning.
Chocolate Greek Yogurt Parfait! If you are addicted to chocolate like we are, this a great way to start your day!