Sweet cranberries nestled in perfectly sweetened crunchy granola makes Cranberry Almond Granola an irresistible snack! It’s unbelievably easy to make too!
Granola used to be on my list of foods that I didn’t like. One day I decided that if I like granola bars I would probably like granola too. I tried a few different recipes and found several that I like. This one though…is SO EASY! Besides being so easy to make it’s incredibly yummy!
I learned a few tricks in all my “granola recipe” research. Shellie from Cookies and Cups taught me that tossing the granola in a beaten egg white makes the granola extra crunchy! Shellie also found a new method for cooking granola that is pretty much the best thing ever! She bakes the granola for a few minutes, turns the oven off and leaves the granola in there. It’s pretty much like dehydrating the granola. Awesome!
I also learned that stirring granola every 15 minutes isn’t required. In fact, for me less stirring is preferred. Too much stirring creates little tiny pieces of granola, not man sized chunks. Once it finishes baking it’s pretty much all stuck together. Then I can break it into whatever size bites I want. So, if I want to serve the granola in a bowl with milk I break the pieces a little smaller. If I’m planning on eating the granola in the car I leave the granola in bite sized pieces. By the way, this granola is working its way up the list of favorite snacks to eat in the office (which is actually the spare bedroom in my house)!
Even my kid’s eat this stuff by the handfuls after school. It’s also a favorite for adding to Greek yogurt and fruit! Whip some up today and you’ll always have a healthy snack! Trust me though, you will be addicted!
- 5 c. oats
- ½ c. butter
- 1 c. honey
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. almond extract
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ c. almonds, sliced
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly grease with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Add honey, vanilla and almond extract. Stir to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients. Toss to coat dry ingredients with butter mixture.
- Whisk egg white, slightly. Pour over granola and toss to coat.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. After baking time, leave granola in the oven and turn it off. After oven and granola have cooled, remove from the oven. Break into pieces of desired size.
- Store in at room temperature in an airtight container.
Adapted from Cookies and Cups