Coconut loves are going to go crazy over these super soft Coconut Cream Cookies! Loading them with chocolate makes them even better!
Have you guys ever used dry pudding mix in your cookies? It adds a yummy flavor to cookies and gives them the best texture. I asked Carson to make cookies with pudding in them the other day and he couldn’t find any instant pudding. Boys, at least my boys, can’t find a anything. Even when I give them specific directions, they still have trouble finding items. I knew there was a few boxes of instant pudding in the pantry and I knew I would have to look myself if I wanted to find it. The first box I found was coconut cream pudding and I knew it would make the best cookies. (By the way, my friend once told me any person with a male part is not capable of finding items. It’s just the way it is!)
You pretty much mix them up like any cookie recipe. I swapped coconut extract for vanilla and added a little shredded coconut to turn ordinary chocolate chip cookies into Coconut Cream Cookies! They are just the right amount of coconut flavor too.
It’s no surprise that my boys devoured these cookies in no time. Even my coconut haters gobbled them up. Add Coconut Cream Cookies to your stack of cookie recipes. They are pretty darn good!
Coconut Cream Cookies
- 3/4 c. butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 small pkg instant coconut cream pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs and coconut extract and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add pudding, flour, salt, and soda. Beat until combined.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes. Be careful to not over bake.
- Let cool on wire rack for a couple minutes.