Every bite of these Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies is an explosion of minty goodness packed in an utterly chewy chocolate cookie! They may be my new favorite cookie flavor!
I can’t help myself when it comes to my obsession for all things mint chocolate. It used to be my very favorite kind of ice cream, some days it still is! I can’t get enough of the combination. Christmas and St. Patties Day are both perfect excuses to concoct more mint chocolate yumminess. This flavor combo really doesn’t need and excuse though.
These minty cookies are the most popular post on my blog. Trust me when I tell you they are amazing! I wanted to try making minty cookies that were a more chocolate. How can you go wrong with more chocolate? Well, there is nothing wrong about these cookies.
A super moist, chocolate cookie…I could stop there, but there’s more. How about packing them with mint Oreos, mint chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips?
Did I mention there is cream cheese in the cookie dough? Or, that since they start with a cake mix you can make these in no time at all? I’m pretty sure my boys could even make these cookies. I’m not going to let them though because I know I would have to clean up the mess!
My boys went on a snowmobiling trip with their dad (who can’t seem to get away from his phone), uncles and grandpa. I made a batch of these for them to share. Apparently, the cookies were a huge hit and devoured almost immediately after arriving at the cabin!
- 1 chocolate cake mix (15.25 oz.)
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. mint Oreo's cookie chunks
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. mint chips
- Add cake mix, butter and egg to a mixing bowl. Beat for one minute.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla to cake dough. Beat until incorporated.
- Stir cookie chunks, chocolate chips and mint chips.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for an hour.
- Roll into 2 T. size balls. Set on parchment lined paper. I pressed the cookies a little bit with the bottom of a glass so they weren't too thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Don't over bake the cookies. They will still look underdone when you take them out of the oven.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.