Here’s the Cheesy Mexican Meatballs printable recipe!
Cheesy Mexican Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 c. oats I measure them then grind them in my blender until they are coursly ground
- 2 eggs
- 1 10 oz. red enchilada sauce divided (I used mild)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tps. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp.chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce optional
- 2 c. grated cheese cheddar, Monterey jack, and Colby jack, and pepper jack are all good choices
- cilantro for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Measure out 1/4 c. enchilada sauce. Reserve the rest for topping the meatballs with.
- Add 1/4 c. enchilada sauce, ground beef, oats, eggs, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and hot sauce together. I use my hands to combine them.
- Form meatballs. You can either shape them by hand or use a cookie scoop. I like to use a medium sized cookie scoop, about 2 Tablespoon size. I drop meatballs into a 9x13 pan exactly like you would if you were making cookies. Most of the time I leave the meatballs in the rustic shape of the cookie scoop. Once in awhile I do roll the meatballs until they are perfectly round. They taste the same either way!
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over meatballs.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle cheese over meatballs. Bake for 10 more minuntes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve right out of the oven with Cheesy Spanish Rice!