Carrot Cake Mix Cookies are thick, soft, and gooey cookies! Instead of having cream cheese frosting on top they have cream cheese inside!
Trust me! This carrot cookies recipe is much easier to make than a carrot cake!
I’m not really a big cake fan, and carrot cake is at the bottom of my favorite cakes list anyway.
Somehow we ended up with a whole pantry full of cake mixes and all of a sudden I was all about carrot cake mix recipes!
Carrot cake cookies from a cake mix are so easy to make! Since the cake mix already has flour, salt, etc. there is very little measuring for this recipe! It’s a dump everything in and go kind cookies recipe!
Plus, they’re seriously so soft and gooey! You’re going to love them!
Carrot Cake Cookies Ingredients:
Cake mix cookies are the BEST because you don’t need very many additional ingredients!
- Butter: Use real butter if possible. It gives the best flavor.
- Cream Cheese: Full fat is best. Reduced-fat has extra water and thins the cookie dough.
- Egg: Whole egg
- Carrot Cake Mix: I usually use Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, or Duncan Hein’s.
- Powdered Sugar: Sometimes called confectioners sugar.
- Extras: You can add walnuts, vanilla chocolate chips, or caramel chips if you want. I like these cookies plain.
How to make Carrot Cake Cookies from a Cake Mix:
STEP 1: Cream butter and cream cheese. Add egg. Mix.
STEP 2: Add dry ingredients. Mix.
STEP 3: Add extras.
STEP 4: Roll into balls. Roll in powdered sugar
STEP 5: Bake. Cool.
Other Cake Mix Recipes:
Using a cake mix is such a lifesaver on busy days! Here are a few delicious recipes using cake mix that you’re going to love!
- Butterscotch Bar Cookies – best chewy bar cookies ever
- Strawberry Cookies – gooey cookies
- Mint Poke Cake – best holiday cake
- Strawberry Poke Cake – with sweetened condensed milk
- Raspberry Chocolate Cupcakes – with raspberry filling
- Rhubarb Dump Cake – with Jello
- Cake Mix Banana Bread – the best banana bread recipe ever
Carrot Cake Mix Recipes:
If you’re looking specifically for more carrot cookies from cake mix check these out!
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars – so much better than carrot cake
- Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies – cream cheese filling inside
Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe:
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 whole egg
- 16.5 ounce carrot cake mix just the dry mix
- 1 cup white chocolate chips see note
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add powdered sugar to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add egg and beat.
- Add cake mix and beat until incorporated.
- Add vanilla chips or another mix in. Stir to combine.
- Chill cookie dough for at least two hours.
- Shape cookies into one inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Set on parchement lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then move to wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Chopped walnuts
- Butterscotch chips
- Chopped Pecans
- Sizes of cake mixes vary. Use a 9 x 13 size cake mix.
- Chill the bowl of dough in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Or scoop cookies into balls and chill for 30 minutes. Then roll into balls and powdered sugar. Bake.