Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars are a super easy dessert, yet impressive! The crust is make from a cake mix, and the cheesecake layer is incredibly divine!
Easter is right around the corner and Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars are the perfect dessert! Cream cheese and carrot cake are a classic combination, and it’s every bit as dreamy in this dessert recipe!
How to make crust using cake mix!
Carrot Cake cake mix is the little gem that packs warm spiced carrot cake flavor in these dessert bars.
All you need is cake mix, butter, and and egg to make the crust.
Melt butter. Add cake mix and egg. Chopped walnuts can be added too if you’d like. Mix it together.
Press it in a prepared pan. Bake it for 10 minutes. Meanwhile make the cheesecake filling.
Tips for making cheesecake
I’m by no means a cheesecake expert! But I have learned a few little tips about making them.
- Use room temperature cream cheese. Press your finger on the surface of the cream cheese. It shouldn’t be firm, but it shouldn’t be so soft you press your finger right through it either.
- Add ingredients one at a time.
- Use room temperature eggs. If they are cold they’ll cool the cream cheese mixture and could make it lumpy.
How to serve Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars can be served exactly as they are, or you can dress them up by drizzling caramel ice cream topping on them.
I didn’t try it, but I bet they’d be amazing with a dollop of whipped cream, then drizzled with caramel sauce, and sprinkled with toffee chips! You know, most foods are better with a generous helping of freshly whipped cream!
Grab my Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars Recipe!
Celebrate spring this year with this scrumptious cheesecake recipe! I’m a huge succor for cheesecake, and this New York style cheesecake filling does NOT disappoint! The carrot cake is, well…like icing on the cake!
Here are a few more Cheesecake recipes you’ll love
- Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Cherry Cheesecake Monkey Bread
- Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust
- 1 pkg carrot cake cake mix
- 1/2 c. butter melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped optional
For the Cheesecake
- 3 8 oz. pkgs cream cheese room temperature
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all crust ingredients together until combined. Reseverve 1 cup of the mixture for sprinkling on the top. Spread the remaining mixture in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
For the Cheesecake
- Cheesecake mixture can either be made in a high powered blender or using an electric mixer.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream to mixer bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Mix again until combined.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, mixing after each.
- Fold heavy cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over crust. Sprinkle reserved crust over cheesecake layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. The center will be wiggly but will firm up as it cools.
- Cool cheesecake for an hour at room temperature, then in the fridge for at least 4 hours.