Butter Dips are one of those recipes that I should never make. We have a love hate relationship. Mostly a love relationship. (Besides being so tasty they remind me of my mom. She used to make a version of these when I was little.) The browned butter on the bottom and the salty and cheesy on the top is more than I can walk away from. Go ahead and make them. I bet you will have a love relationship with them too!!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle yeast and sugar over warm water. Let it sit for about ten minutes or until it gets bubbly.
Add flour and salt to sifter or mixing bowl.
Sift dry ingredients into water and yeast. I knead on lowest speed with my Kitchen Aide for about 3 minutes.
Let dough rest for about ten minutes. While dough is resting slice butter and set in a 11 x 15 baking pan. Put the pan in the oven until butter is melted.
Roll bread out to 11 x 15 and cut into strips. This is where you get to be creative and cut them into whatever size you want. I usually cut the dough in thirds and eighths. (I think my boys ate one whole column of this dough. So if you want to be like me do as I say and not as it looks like I do.) Dip one side of each piece of bread into the butter. Then flip it over and let it sit in the melted butter. At this point you have to know this is gonna be good. It’s ok that the dips aren’t all perfectly sized. They will be rustic.
My mother in law introduced me to this stuff. And it might be the best thing she has ever done for me. This stuff is the bomb.
Since it is so good, sprinkle Salad Supreme all over the Butter Dips. Then Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. (I don’t usually promote cheese out of a can, but it actually works pretty good on these things.) Let them rise until doubled. This will happen fast because the Butter Dips are sitting in a hot pan and swimming in hot butter.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Cups Flour
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cube butter
- Garlic Salt
- Salad Supreme
- Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle yeast and sugar over water in the bowl of electric mixer. Let sit until bubbly.
- Add flour and salt to sifter of bowl. Add to the water and yeast.
- Mix with dough hook of electric mixer for three minutes.
- Let rest for ten minutes.
- While dough rests, slice butter and put it in a 11 x 15 baking pan. Put it in the oven until the butter has melted. Then remove from oven.
- Roll dough out to 11 x 15. Cut into strips. I usually cut it into 3 rows and 8 columns.
- Dip Butter Dip in butter and flip over and set in baking pan. Continue with remaining Butter Dips.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt, Salad Supreme and parmesan cheese.
- Let rise until doubled. This will happen fast since the pan is hot.
- Bake for 20 minutes.