Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake has the perfect mixture of tangy rhubarb, sweet juicy blueberries, and a crunchy topping! Adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream is like adding icing to the cake! Oh, and since this only takes 6 ingredients it’s easy as pie to make!
I impatiently wait for my rhubarb to start growing every spring the same way I wait for my zucchini to start growing in the summer. Then when it starts producing there is no turning back. It kind of starts to over take the garden and consequently pretty much every dish I make for a few weeks! I don’t mink though because rhubarb is so yummy!
BLUEBERRY RHUBARB DUMP CAKE – A STEP BY STEP VIDEO
You guys my family is addicted to dessert and not just any dessert. We kind of see the world like this
- If the recipe includes fruit it is definitely a salad, or it can pass a breakfast! Fruit doesn’t count as dessert..EVER!
- If the recipe doesn’t include chocolate it just doesn’t fit in the dessert category!
- After eating fruity desserts you are entitled to at least one piece of chocolate!
It’s just the way we roll and it’s all my fault! I’m the addict. So when I say that this Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake counts as dessert you know it’s GOOD! In no way, shape, or form am I suggesting I wouldn’t serve Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake for breakfast I’m just saying it passed the dessert test with flying colors even though it includes fruit! That’s a big deal!
Summer is such a busy time of the year and the last place I want to be is stuck in the kitchen when the rest of the family is out on the farm. I’d way rather be out on the farm working, teasing my children, and singing songs to them while they work (which bothers them a lot) than being inside by myself!
Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake is so quick and easy to throw together you jump right back to your summer fun in no time at all!
If you are looking for the perfect summer dessert to share at barbecues, potlucks, picnics, etc look no further! This dump cake is has just the right amount of sweet and tangy, juicy and crunchy! If you don’t have any rhubarb in your garden, find a neighbor who does or head the the farmers market and pick some up! You won’t regret it!
BLUEBERRY RHUBARB DUMP CAKE- PRINTABLE RECIPE
Blueberry Rhubarb Dump Cake
- 4 c. diced rhubarb
- 1 21 oz can blueberry pie filling
- 3 oz. strawberry jello just the dry mix
- 1 c. lemon lime soda yes you get the drink the rest
- white cake mix just the dry mix
- 1/2 c. butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread diced rhubarb in the bottom of baking dish.
- Spread blueberry pie filling over rhubarb.
- Sprinkle dry Jell-o over pie filling.
- Pour soda over Jello.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over fruit layer.
- Slice butter and set over cake mix layer.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. It's done when the cake mix layer is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream!