Blueberries and Cream Sweet Rolls have a velvety cream cheese layer and a fruity blueberry layer rolled inside of sweet bread! They couldn’t be prettier and I just know you are going to fall head over heels in love with them!
I’m beyond excited to share my Blueberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls recipe with you today! I can’t wait for you to try them! My family went crazy over them!
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to make breakfast or brunch feel more special, all you need is Blueberries and Cream Sweet Rolls! They are beyond delicious and I promise they are so easy to make! In fact you only need five ingredients to whip up a batch!
Today I’m sharing this recipe over at Rhodes Bread blog! Head over and check it out and get the printable recipe!
Blueberries and Cream Sweet Rolls
- 2 loaves frozen dough Rhodes
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Line a half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare cream filling by beating cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Thaw bread dough according to package instructions. I like to thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
- On a floured board roll out both loaves of dough into a rectangle that's about 12" x 9". It should be about 1/2 and inch thick.
- Divide cream cheese mixture in half and spread evenly over bread dough.
- Divide pie filling in half and spoon evenly over bread dough. Gently spread to cover cream cheese mixture.
- Starting at narrow end gently roll bread up jelly roll style. Be careful not to roll too tightly or the filling will come out. Pinch ends together. Repeat with other loaf.
- Cut each jelly roll into six even rolls. Place rolls cut side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap.
- Let rise until doubled in size. Rising time will depend on your kitchen temperature, but will probably take about and hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Microwave about 1/2 a cup of icing for a few seconds, or until has a good consistency for drizzling. Drillze over rolls.
- Serve warm! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.