By now you probably all know that I am a carnivore. I just LOVE meat! And beef is my very favorite! I spent last weekend with my mom and sister and we had a blast together. We were busy shopping, visiting and catching up. So we ended up eating out the whole time I was there, which was fine with me. We didn’t have time for dishes. We ate some extra yummy pizza, which I will definitely be trying to recreate. We had sandwiches and Mexican food too! I love all of those things. But when I got home I knew that I needed to make some meat! What can I say? I am an addict.
During the summer my sister-in-law gave me this recipe. I knew I had to try it for a few reasons.
1. She isn’t a beef addict and she loved this roast. So I knew it had to be good.
2. She had me at “put a cube of butter on top of the roast”
I made the roast and it does not disappoint. It’s a fun twist on the traditional roast! We will definitely be making this one again, and again!
Use whatever roast you want. It’s gonna cook low and slow until it falls apart anyway. This is a good place to use those less expensive cuts of meat. I used a chuck roast and it was perfect!
Place the roast in a slow cooker. I used a handy little slow cooker liner because of the reason mentioned above. Who has time for dishes?
Sprinkle the roast with the Au Jus packet and the ranch dressing packet.
Slice and set butter on top of roast. Add about 8 banana peppers. I also poured about 1/2 cup of banana pepper juice from the jar onto the roast.
Let it rip in the slow cooker for about 6-8 hours on low. Remove from slow cooker and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting or shredding. Either cut into slices or shred into big chunks with two forks. I spooned a little bit of the pan drippings over the roast before serving.
This roast couldn’t be any easier. It is perfect for Sunday dinner or those busy days when you aren’t home to get dinner ready. If you want to turn this roast into a one pot wonder, add potatoes and carrots during the last few hours of cooking.
Banana peppers lend such a yummy flavor to this roast. And the butter makes it extra moist!
Banana Pepper Roast
- 1 roast I used a chuck roast
- 1 pkg. dry ranch dressing
- 1 pkg. dry Au Jus sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6-8 Sweet wax banana peppers
- Set roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle ranch and Au Jus over roast.
- Slice and set butter over roast.
- Lay banana peppers on top of roast.
- I poured about 1/2 cup of the banana pepper juice over my roast. It's optional!
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice or shred roast and serve.