You know I’m not a huge fan of bananas. You also know whenever one of my family members goes to the grocery store with me they always throw a few bananas in the cart. Maybe even quite a few bananas. We get home and they forget about the bananas and I’m left coming up with anther way to turn bananas into a carb loaded meal!
I had forgotten about banana pancakes until my family visited my brother and his family a few months ago. His wife made yummy banana pancakes for breakfast. His kids were practically chanting ” ‘nanner pancakes…’nanner pancakes”. I decided I better start making them a little more often so my kids had something to chant about in the mornings.
I added all my favorite banana bread spices to my pancakes. Since chocolate chip banana bread is my kids favorite I added a few of those too. You know you can’t go wrong with chocolate chip banana pancakes all topped off with whipped cream. Still, my favorite way to eat them is drizzled with warm maple syrup.
These would be perfect for a before school breakfast. If banana pancakes can get my kids to chant anything positive before school, we will eat them every day until the baby graduates from college! ‘Nanner pancakes chant or not, they will at least fill the kids tummies with something yummy before they head out the door.
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips optional
- whipped topping for serving
- maple syrup for serving
- additional bananas for serving
- Mix oil, eggs, vanilla and bananas together.
- Add flour, sugars, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon to a separate bowl. Stir.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir only until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
- Cook in melted butter on medium heat griddle.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or additional chocolate chips and whipped topping.
- Additional bananas may be sliced over pancakes just before serving.