Bacon is my favorite breakfast meat. Unfortunately I don’t always have time to fry it. Baked Brown Sugar Bacon is a lifesaver for my bacon craving family!
Seriously, I love bacon! I’m pretty sure I could eat just bacon, nothing else on the plate, for breakfast and love it! The only problem is I don’t love my hair, house and clothes to smell like bacon the rest of the day. You know if you smell like bacon the neighbors dogs might chase you! Oh ya, and I really don’t like cleaning bacon grease off the stove. Oven baked bacon is the answer for the stinky problem.
Covering the cookie sheet with aluminum foil makes clean up a breeze. I like to put my bacon on a cookie rack so the grease will drain off of it better.
If your jeans aren’t too tight, or if you just don’t care…sprinkle a little brown sugar on the bacon.
I stick the whole thing in the oven while it preheats. I think it helps the bacon render a little more fat. Let it bake for about 20-30 minutes depending on how thick your bacon is and how w crispy you like it. By the way, the first time I did this I was really worried about how my oven would look after bacon grease splattered everywhere. Thank goodness it doesn’t make a mess at all, remember I don’t like cleaning up bacon grease.
Baked brown sugar bacon is one of the best things that ever happened to me early in the morning. It kinda makes my day! Try it soon, you will love it and you will love the no mess, no stinky hair method!
- 1 pound bacon, I used thick sliced
- brown sugar, I used about 4 T.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Set cookie rack in baking sheet.
- Layer bacon on cookie rack.
- Sprinkle with desired amount of brown sugar. I used about 4 Tablespoons. You can use as much or little as you would like.
- Set baking sheet of bacon in the oven. Turn oven on and heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 400 degrees and continue baking for 5-10 minutes.
- Baking time varies depending on thickness, fattiness and desired crispiness of bacon.