If you have 5 minutes and 2 ingredients, plus some sprinkles, you have everything you need to make these salty sweet treats! This easy recipe a good one to let the kids help with too!
Last summer I went to Trader Joe’s and bought some chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bites. I was already addicted to eating peanut butter filled pretzels while drinking a Dr. Pepper. It’s just something about that salty sweet combination I CANNOT walk away from. When I saw the Trader Joe’s chocolate covered version I knew I had to buy some. I hid the bag and ate the entire thing myself. It’s true! One pretzel bite at a time!
Sam’s Club sells peanut butter pretzel bites in a huge container (obviously, everything at Sam’s Club is in a huge container)! As soon as I polished off my hidden stash I knew I wanted to make more. This time I shared though!
My pantry was stashed with white and milk chocolate so I decided to try both versions. It was going to be a little contest to see which I liked better. I had to eat about a hundred of both versions while I was judging and all I could come up with is that it’s a tie. As soon as I ate a milk chocolate one I thought it was the winner. Then I tried a white chocolate version just to be sure I got it right, and then decided they were the winners. After that I mixed them together and decided they could all be winners!
Seriously, all you have to do to make these is melt some chocolate and coat pretzels with it.
Spread them out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. The sprinkles are a fun addition but not necessary. If you are looking for a gift idea for your neighbors, kid’s teachers, or whoever else, you can throw these in a cute package and just like that you are done!
I think you should make these as soon as you gather up some pretzels and chocolate. Then you should eat lots trying to decide which version is better. Then you should hide the rest for later. Then you should complain about the dryer shrinking your jeans. That’s what I did! Or, you could gift them away and make someone else wonder what’s wrong with their dryer!
5 Minute Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Milk chocolate chips or dipping chocolate (about 2 cups)
- White chocolate chips or dipping chocolate (about 2 cups)
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites I don't ever measure when making these. I add pretzels to melted chocolate and toss to coat. Then add more if I think there is enough remaining chocolate to cover more pretzels.
- Add milk chocolate to a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second intervals, stirring afterwards, until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add pretzel bites and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread pretzels in a single layer on wax paper. Immediately add sprinkles, if desired. Let sit until chocolate has cooled.
- Repeat with white chocolate.
Oh my goodness, I can’t even tell you how much my kids love Gummy Bear Bark! Ok, I love it too!
As soon as my mom shared her Winter Wonderland Chex Mix recipe I knew it would be a traditional treat to take on our annual Christmas tree hunting trip!
I can’t help myself, Sea Salt Cherry and Pistachio Bark takes me right back to the salty sweet combo I can’t live without!