These Zucchini Brownies are so much more than your average zucchini brownie! These ones start with a fudgy zucchini brownie, slathered in creamy icing, and sprinkled with Butterfingers! This is the zucchini brownie recipe you need to try!
Are you sick and tired of my excessive love for zucchini? This year I planted a couple zucchini seeds, waited, and waited, and nothing came up. So I planted a few more zucchini seeds and all of a sudden they all came up! I have zucchini everywhere! That’s okay though because I love zucchini meatballs, grilled zucchini, and of course zucchini cakes! I also love neighbors and friends who didn’t plant any zucchini and are willing to take a few from me!
I couldn’t wait to try this recipe when I found it in a cookbook that the school put together.
These Zucchini Brownies begin with a classic zucchini brownie recipe. They are fudgy, chocolaty, and super moist. Perfect! As if smooth and creamy icing weren’t enough, they added Butterfingers to the brownies and I love the crunchy addition.
One of my favorite things about these brownies, besides how yummy they are, is that it makes a half sheet pan of brownies. Which is really important when three growing boys live with you! I was going to say that the boys need lots of treats during the summer because they are working hard on the farm and it makes them hungry. Then I remembered they think they need lots of treats when after they have been sitting around all day at school too. I guess you could just say they eat lots of treats everyday!
I have to put a little plug in for milk…these brownies NEED a tall glass of cold milk! It makes the whole treat/snack/dessert feel healthy! I think you should do something healthy for your body today!
- 3 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. cocoa
- ¾ c. oil
- 1 egg
- 1 T. vanilla
- 3 c. grated zucchini
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1 T. cocoa
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- Butterfinger candies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix egg and sugar together. Add vanilla and zucchini.
- In a separate bowl add flour, cocoa, salt, soda, and cocoa. Stir.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir to until combined.
- Spread batter, it will be thick, in a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Boil butter, cocoa, and milk in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar. Stir until smooth. I usually use a whisk. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
- Sprinkle Butterfinger pieces over icing.