One day during my healthy cravings, I happened to be at the grocery store! Since I am such a lover of cute little food my mind started thinking of cute little Christmas food. (You have to admit food is cuter when it is little!) These little red and green Christmas Skewers are what I came up with. Aren’t they festive and cute?
Oh, and so easy. You can’t go wrong with “so easy” this time of the year! Really, all I had to do was instruct one of my children to wash the veggies for me. Then I had to talk them out of the “knife” job. I wanted the veggies to be in even sizes. Next, I let the kiddo’s skewer the veggies. They did a pretty good job I think!
Greek yogurt is one of my favorite ingredients. It makes my thighs feel better! I whipped up a little Chipotle Ranch Dip to go with these skewers. You can make it as hot as you like. My whole family is whimpy so I go easy on the Chipotle’s. If you are tough enough to handle it you can add more! This dip is so yummy with these veggie skewers! Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you that these are really yummy served with diced cheese. Jalapeno Jack cheese is my favorite. And I will always go for cheddar cheese!
Give your thighs a break and bring this to your next Holiday party!!
- Cherry Tomatoes
- SMOKY CHIPOTLE DIP:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pkg dry ranch dressing mix
- chipotle's in adobo (to taste)
- Clean veggies. Cut cucumbers in bite sized pieces. Put the veggies on skewers.
- For the dip...mix sour cream, yogurt and dressing mix together. Mince as many chipotles as you want to use. Stir them with a little adobo sauce into the creamy mixture. My family has very mild taste buds so I only used adobo sauce. And very little of it!!
- These are fun to serve with diced cheese!!