Happy Cinco de Mayo! If you are planning a Mexican fiesta today, you are definitely going to want to include this Tomatillo Lime Salsa! The lime flavor in this salsa perfectly balances the (mild) spicy! This salsa is one the whole family enjoys!
Last fall my brother, sister in law, Justin and I went to a football game. We went to a Mexican restaurant in Utah. They served the most amazing tomatillo salsa. My sister in law and I loved it so much we wanted to order more, put and take it home in our purses!
The tomatillo salsa had a perfect amount of lime in it. Actually, it had a pretty strong lime flavor! It was mild, a tiny bit sweet and spicy. The flavors all came together to make an incredibly addicting salsa that I knew I had to come home and recreate.
I’m not exactly sure how long this salsa lasts in the fridge. I’m guessing about a week. We haven’t had any leftover longer than that.
I told my sister in law I wasn’t going to give her the recipe until she came and visited me. I guess she wins! Today she’s getting the recipe and she still hasn’t come to visit! Make it for you guests! They will fall in love with it and try to take it home in their purses!
- 8 tomatillos, huskes removed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ⅓ sweet onion
- 1 jalapeno, membranes and seeds removed (only use ½ for milder salsa)
- juice from 3 limes
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. cumin
- 2 T. honey
- small handful of cilantro (only use a little bit so the cilantro doesn't overtake the flavors)
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Process until you have a consistency you like. Some like it chunkier, some like it less chunky.
- Taste. Adjust salt and honey according to your preference.