Sometimes I need a S’mores fix. And sometimes I just don’t have it in me to get the fire going, or to smell like smoke. Sometimes I don’t have it in me to listen to my fire loving boys
decide fight over who gets to start the fire. That’s when I usually put a marshmallow on a graham cracker, pop it in the microwave, add some chocolate and have me a s’more.
I decided I would create a little S’more’s mix to satisfy my cravings. This Sticky Sweet S’mores Mix definitely hit the spot. It would be perfect for snacking on during the fireworks on the 4th. (Especially if you can’t handle deciding who gets to start the fire!!)
Add butter, sugar and white Karo syrup to sauce pan.
Boil syrup for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and a dash of salt after removing from heat.
Measure Golden Grahams, or eye ball it if you want. Pour them into a large bowl.
Pour syrup over Golden Grahams. Stir to coat. Let sit for a minute to let cool a little so marshmallows and chocolate chips won’t melt.
I wasn’t patient enough and didn’t cool it long enough. So my chocolate chips melted a little. Don’t be like me. Be patient, it’s a virtue.
Add mini chocolate chips and marshmallows. Gently stir to combine.
Sticky Sweet Smore’s Mix is all the gooey and yummy of a s’more. All I’m missing is the campfire!!
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cups Karo Syrup
- ½ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- dash salt
- 10 cups Golden Grahams
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Boil butter, sugar and Karo syrup together for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and dash of salt.
- Measure Golden Grahams and put in a large bowl.
- Pour syrup over Golden Grahams. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Gently toss marshmallows and chocolate chips into cereal. Toss until coated.
- Spread on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Let cool until set. Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.