A few months ago I ended up with grocery bags full of green beans from my garden. Anybody else upcycle grocery bags for a million other purposes? Grocery bags make great luggage for a child that somehow manages to loose everything. They are great lunch boxes for sending lunches out to the boys when they are driving tractors. I know they aren’t going to return the lunchbox and if they do, it will not be in a usable condition. When my boys shoes are super muddy I make them use the bags as shoe covers before they walk all through my house. They make great produce bags too! See, grocery bags are the best!
The purpose of this post was not to sell you on the wonderful qualities of plastic grocery bags. I just got off on a rant for a minute because I remembered picking several grocery bags full of tasty green beans from my garden! These beans are every bit as amazing as plastic grocery bags. Adding Parmesan cheese makes them even more amazing than plastic grocery bags!
Seriously, I’m in love with roasting my veggies. It’s so simple to do, easy to clean up and they always taste so delicious. If you haven’t jumped on the veggie roasting band wagon you’ve gotta jump on! In fact, I like these so much I’m adding roasted green beans to my Thanksgiving menu this year.
I think roasting veggies intensifies their flavor while maintaining their freshness. Roasted green beans have these amazing little caramelized spots that just make me want to keep eating them! Next time you need to add a veggie to your dinner try roasted green beans. Your kids will even eat them!
- 2 pounds green beans
- 4 T. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- season salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss green beans in olive oil, Parmesan cheese, season salt and pepper. Make sure all the beans are thoroughly coated adding more olive oil if necessary to completely coat.
- Spread in a single layer in prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tender crisp.
- Garnish beans with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.