Cheesecake happens to be one of my very favorite desserts. It’s also one of my favorite ways to dress up French Toast! Croissants add the most wonderful flaky texture to French Toast. It gives them that “melt in your mouth” consistency! These Croissant French Toasts are as easy as they are pretty! If you are like me you want easy in the morning. Valentines Day deserves a little something special though. I love that these are special without requiring lots of special attention!
Oh my, this is a bite of heaven! The croissants are crispy on the edges and so flaky in the center. And who can resist raspberries and cream cheese? I could close my eyes and pretend that I was in a bakery in France and believe it. These beauties are that good!
I know I already mentioned it, but…look how pretty they are! Everything on Valentines Day should be pretty!
A little dollop of whipping cream perfectly finishes them off. A raspberry would have been more fitting garnishment for these. Remember, I live in the middle of no where and have to use what I have on hand. All I had in my freezer was some strawberries. Yes, that’s a frozen strawberry. It still looks pretty. And was tasty too! In fact, it would be equally decadent to use strawberry jam instead of raspberry jam.
Your family will love you forever if you make these!
- 4 Croissants
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 T. butter
- whipped cream cheese, to taste
- Fresh raspberries to garnish
- raspberry jam, to taste
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- freshly whipped cream
- Cut croissants in half. On the inside of one half spread generously with jam. Spread inside of other half with cream cheese. Put croissants back together as a sandwich.
- Whisk eggs. Add milk, sugar, salt and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Heat skillet over just over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet. Dredge both sides of french toast in milk and egg mixture. Grill each side until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Add a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with raspberry if desired. Serve warm.
I feel so blessed to be able to have such fun boys be mine! After my baby was born (six years ago), Justin volunteered to stay home with him so my other two boys could take me on a date! Even though you try very hard to make each child feel special, I think there is a little adjustment time after a new baby is born. The older kids sometimes feel just a little neglected. So these men were thrilled for the chance to have a little one on one time with Mom! So was I!
Where did the time go? They grew like weeds! Lol!! I’m still loving going on dates with them as much now as I did then! It’s so fun to get out, put the mom in me aside, and enjoy each other! I a lucky girl to have these boys as my Valentines!