No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies – Perfect for the Holidays
It seems so cliche to say, “Where did November go?” or “Can you believe it’s already Christmas time?” I have to say it though, I can’t believe it’s here already. I’m sure you life is just as crazy busy as mine right now. I love to bake during the holidays but I can already tell I’m going to have far less time for baking than I wish this Christmas season. If you are in the same boat as I am these cookies are a good recipe to add to your Christmas plates. They are so quick and easy and they are always a crowd pleas-er. You are going to love them. Promise!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1¼ c. peanut butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- dash sea salt
- 3 c. rice crispy cereal
- 1 c. roughly crushed pretzels
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- dash of sea salt for tops
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure cereal and pretzels into a large measuring cup or a bowl.
- Add peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup to a large pan. I used a 5 quart pan. Cook over medium heat until smooth and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and a dash of seas salt. Stir.
- Add cereal and pretzels. Toss until coated.
- Let cereal mixture sit for 3-5 minutes until it has cooled a little. It needs to be cooled enough that the chocolate chips don't get completely melted (a little is okay) but you want to move to the next step before the cookies are completely set up too. It's a little tricky!
- Add chocolate chips and quickly toss to incorporate.
- Scoop cookies onto lined baking sheet.
- Let sit until cool and firm.