Check out my video to see how to make Mint Chip Sugar Cookies! Keep in mind, I usally add green food coloring at the same time as I add peppermint extract. Follow the recipe and not me! Ha! My husband came in and asked me a question about the farm and I totally got side tracked! I’m not entirely blaming him…maybe I’m just saying I get distracted easily! Anyway, I still think it’s easier to add food coloring right after you cream the sugar, butter, and eggs than adding it with the flour!
It’s just not Christmas until you’ve made Mint Chip Sugar Cookies!
My kiddo’s keep asking me when we can have green cookies again. Since they are a cinch to make I’m thinking it will make a great after school surprise this week!
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. peppermint extract
- a few drops of green green food coloring (I used about 3 drops, use how many you want to make the cookies the color green you like)
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 oz. Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar for about three minutes. It should be fluffy.
- Add eggs, green food coloring and peppermint extract. Cream for another 2-3 minutes.
- Measure dry ingredients in a separate bowl or sifter. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add mint and chocolate chips. Gently stir to until incorporated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop cookies using a 2 Tablespoon size cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Watch for the cookies to begin cracking. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to cookie rack and finish cooling.
- Note: If you choose to use a smaller cookie scoop reduce baking time to 8 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks it Up