I garnished with a little sprig of oregano. I used it because it was already in my garden. Besides I can’t get over how beautiful the orange carrots and green oregano look together. I can’t help it. I’m all about color. If you don’t have oregano in your garden you can use any garnish you want.
Or don’t use any garnish at all. I sprinkled with a little freshly ground black pepper too!
These would be absolutely gorgeous at any Thanksgiving Dinner. They would also be perfect next to your Christmas prime rib! Seriously, if you don’t make anything else this week, you gotta make these! They will change your life for sure!
- 10 carrots (about)
- 4 T. butter (divided)
- ½ t. Kosher salt
- ⅓ c. pure maple syrup
- 2 T. brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- sprig of oregano
- Wash and slice carrots into sticks.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter. Saute carrots until a they get a nice color on them. Should take just a few minutes.
- Turn skillet down to medium low. Add salt, syrup and brown sugar, and remaining butter.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Or until carrots are crisp tender and glaze is thickened and reduced. Stir often.
- Put carrots in a serving dish. Sprinkle with black pepper. Garnish with oregano sprig.