Make Ahead Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are a super easy and fun way to serve pizza. I’m not sure which I fell in love with first, the extra cheesy fillings, or the crispy Italian topping on the bread! Either way these are a winner with kids and adults!
- Sliders can be made ahead, that’s a big deal to me, especially if I am serving them for a party.
- You can make enough to feed an army, or a fifteen year old and his friends which can feel like feeding an army, or you can make just one for you.
- These sliders are so easy to make that I think my kids can do it themselves!
- Since I use frozen rolls, and I freeze pepperoni and grated mozzarella cheese, I always have the ingredients on hand.
Cut rolls in half. Put the bottom halves of rolls in a greased baking sheet or pan. Start the inside goodness by layering pizza sauce, grated mozzarella cheese or slices, and pepperoni slices.
And more cheese!
Set the tops of the rolls on the last cheese layer. Make a little Italian garlic butter concoction and brush it over the tops of the rolls. The tops of these sliders are like eating a cheesy bread stick! It’s icing on the cake, or something like that. Whatever it is, it’s GOOD!
I asked my boys to tell me all the foods they want to eat while watching the big game this weekend. Loaded tater skins, shrimp, pizza, and bean dip were on the list. I’m going to give them at least one of the foods they listed and it’s going to be pepperoni pizza, in slider form.
- Rolls (I actually use bake frozen rolls and use those most of the time.)
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- Pepperoni slices
- Grated, or sliced mozzarella cheese
- Olives, peppers, onions, mushrooms, sausage, etc. (optional toppings)
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut rolls in half. Set bottom halves in a greased baking pan.
- Spread pizza, or marinara sauce on the rolls in the pan.
- Sprinkle a layer of grated cheese or a slice of cheese over marinara.
- Layer pepperoni slices over cheese.
- Add another layer of cheese.
- Add the top parts of the rolls.
- Melt butter. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and a little salt. Stir to combine.
- Brush over the tops of the sliders.
- You can either refrigerate at this point or bake.
- If you are baking immediately, bake for about 10 minutes. You want the insides to be nice and gooey and the tops to be golden brown. If the rolls get too brown before the insides are baked, cover with aluminum foil and continue baking until insides are melted.
- If you are baking later, cover sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for about 10 more minutes. If cheese still isn’t melted and the tops are golden brown, recover with aluminum foil and bake a little longer.
Because every kid, and adult, loves pizza here’s some more scrumptious pizza ideas
Gooey pizza perfection in minutes! Pepperoni Pizza Sliders!
All the yumminess of pizza in a cute little bite! Pizza Pinwheels!
Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders! Incredibly delicious!