Kids go crazy over Fourth of July Jell-O and Fruit Cups, making you the hit of any Fourth of July party! Adding Greek yogurt to the middle layer makes them healthier than traditional layered jello!
Cute and festive food is my thing! Fourth of July Jell-O and Fruit Cups are definitely cute and festive! I couldn’t wait to share them with you because I knew you would love them! My kids went crazy over them! Seriously, they belong at every forth of July party!
We’ve all seen layered Jello parfaits before. They usually have whipped cream or sweetened condensed milk in the white layer. I decided to make these cups a little healthier so I substituted Greek yogurt instead. I also wanted the kiddo’s to get a few extra servings of fruit so I simply added fresh blueberries to the blue layer and fresh strawberries to the red layer. Don’t forget the stars sprinkles if you have them because kids won’t even notice the fruit if they get sprinkles!
Whenever I get invited to anything, and asked to bring food, it takes me forever to decide what to bring. It has to be just right. Everyone must love it and it must be easy to make. Usually I spend so long deciding I end up with just a little time actually making my dish. Don’t spend forever deciding this Fourth of July and make Fourth of July Jell-O and Fruit Cups. Kids of all ages and sizes will love you!
- 1 6 oz pkg strawberry jello
- 1 6 oz pkg blueberry jello
- 2 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 .25 oz pkg gelatin, I used Knox
- 2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
- whipped cream, optional
- star sprinkles, optional
- Serving size will depend on size of serving cups. You can make them smaller if you are serving a bigger crowd or if there are lots of little kids. I made 12 cups. Smaller cups will set a little bit faster too!
- Be sure to bring white and red layer to room temperature before adding or it will melt previous layer. Which is not good! Be patient!
- Pour each jello layer very gently or it will splash all over the cup. It may also leave a hole in the previous layer. I mixed the layer in an 8 cup measuring cup and poured it out from that. Worked great!
- Pour blueberry jello in a mixing bowl. Boil 2 cups water and pour over jello. Stir to dissolve. Add one cup ice. Stir. Divide among cups creating bottom layer. Divide blueberries among cups. Refrigerate until set.
- For the white layer, pour gelatin in a mixing bowl. Pour ½ cup cold water over gelatin. In a separate mixing bowl add yogurt. Boil 1 cup water and add it to yogurt. Stir. Pour yogurt mixture into gelatin mixture. Let come to room temperature. Pour over blue layer. (you could add bananas to white layer if you wanted to)
- Pour strawberry jello in a mixing bowl. Boil 2 cups water and pour over jello. Stir to dissolve. Add one cup ice. Stir. Bring to room temperature. Divide among cups creating top layer. Divide strawberries among cups. Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with stars sprinkles!