Five Minute Caramel Bugles are basically better than anything Bugles! They are sweet, salty, chocolaty, crunchy, and extremely addicting. They are almost dangerous because they are so quick and easy to make! Perfect for snacking, tailgating, gift giving, or hoarding for yourself!
Five Minute Caramel Bugles
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today! When I’m traveling long distances by myself I always bring lots of munchies along for the ride. I’m not traditionally a snack person but long solo drives are so boring that I need something to keep myself entertained. I always grab something sweet and salty. Then I try and convince myself to eat just one piece at a time. And I try to convince myself to stop eating before I polish off the whole bag. Those are both good ideas that never happen!
I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for Caramel Bugles. I decided to try making my own and adding a little something extra to them. These thing are not only over the top but you can make them in about five minutes! Let’s just say my Five Minute Caramel Bugles and I are ready for another solo trip!
Five Minute Caramel Bugle Instructions
Melt butter, sugar, and corn syrup in the microwave.
Give it a stir. It will be smooth and creamy like this. Add baking soda. Stir to completely incorporate.
Add Bugles. Gently toss to coat all the bugles in caramel.
Microwave again in one minute increments, stirring after each one. Microwave for a total of three minutes. Caramel will coat the Bugles a little better and it will bet a little darker after each minute.
Pour Bugles on wax paper lined baking sheet.
Drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate. That whole process took me about five minutes to do! So darn easy!
Let it sit to cool.
Five Minute Caramel Bugles
Now try and resist eating the whole batch before you get them in a bag or serving bowl. I dare you!
Caramel Bugles are quick, easy, and awesome for movie night, tailgating, road tripping, dessert, school lunches, or pretty much anytime you need a little snack! If you are kind enough to share they would also make great neighborhood gifts at Christmas time!
- 8 cups Bugles
- ¾ cups brown sugar
- 6 T. butter
- 3 T. light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ c. white chocolate chips
- ¼ c. semisweet chocolate
- Measure Bugles. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a large microwavable bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add baking soda and stir until combined.
- Add Bugles to butter mixture. Microwave in one minute increments, stirring after each minute. Microwave for a total of three minutes.
- Pour Bugle mixture onto wax paper.
- Put semisweet chocolate chips in a snack size seal-able bag. Leave the bag unsealed and microwave for two minutes, at half power. Seal bag and kneed until chocolate chips are completely melted. Snip a small triangle off the corner or the bag and drizzle over Caramel Bugles.
- Repeat with white chocolate chips.
- Cool completely.