Can’t decide if you like brownies or cookies better? Me either? I know for sure I love chocolate and that’s why I’m in love with these Brownie Bomb Cookies! They are the best of both worlds!
Some days I spend more time trying to decide what to make than I spend making whatever I decide to make. In fact, sometimes it takes me so long to decide I run out of time to make anything at all! Some decisions are hard to make! One time I tried making a menu so I wouldn’t have this decision making problem. But, someday’s I wake up and don’t want fruit cobbler, I want chocolate instead. That’s right. These are the hard decisions I start mulling over first thing in the morning!
The other day I had a brilliant idea. I decided to not decide between cookies and brownies. I decided to make my brownies into cookies. Oh my goodness, good decision. It’s like brownies on chocolate chip steroids. And cookies on fudgy chocolate steroids. Pretty much a win win situation!
It’s important to drop the cookies in 1/4 cup cookies so they stay nice and fudgy. I don’t know if this was a blessing or just my life but I was making these cookies right before I had to go help pour concrete. As soon as I had them dropped on my cookie sheet Justin called me and said he was ready right now. The concrete was setting up fast and there was no time for baking cookies. I threw the cookies in the freezer and baked them the next day. It worked so perfectly I think I will do it that way all the time. It never hurts to have frozen Brownie Bomb Cookie dough in the freezer anyway!
It’s easy to over bake dark cookies because it’s hard to tell if they are really done or not. Just be sure not to over bake them. Nobody likes dry brownie bomb cookies!
This picture makes me want to lick the middle of that cookie. Those chocolate chips are calling my name, which happens to me a lot! It also happens to my kids a lot! Whenever they are home alone I come home to chocolate chips on the floor and pretty much everywhere else. The bag of chocolate chips is always left opened too!
You are gonna love these
brownies cookies, whatever they are called. I love having them in the freezer and being able to make a few whenever I need them!
- 1 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg (3.7 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- ⅓ c. cocoa
- 3 c. flour
- 1½ t. soda
- ½ t. kosher salt
- 1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 c. walnuts (optional)
- Cream butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla and eggs for 4 minutes.
- Add pudding and cocoa. Stir (so it doesn't fly everywhere when you beat). Beat 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients. Beat 1 minute or until combined.
- Stir in all chocolate chips and nuts.
- Form cookies in ¼ cup size. Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for up to a month.
- Remove cookies from refrigerator or freezer. If frozen let sit for about 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Be careful to not over bake!