If you haven’t tried a Brown Cow Float you haven’t lived! It begins with your favorite flavors of ice cream that end up floating in chocolate milk, then it’s topped with as much chocolate as you can handle!
June is dairy month and I’m celebrating all month long! It just seems like the right thing to do. Of course we devour dairy products at our house like they are going out of style, and I think you should too! I have to promote dairy products because they are so good for you! Yogurt, cheese, milk, they all have so many vitamins and minerals that you really can’t get anywhere else. Besides that, we sell milk as our complete source of income. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but milk is super inexpensive in the store right now. That means we aren’t getting paid much for our milk. The kids are getting a little tired of us telling them that we are going to have to tighten our belts right now. Oh well, there’s nothing I can do about the price of milk and tightening their belts will build character!
Speaking of tightening our belts, let’s just say that you might want to loosen your belt after eating these scrumptious Brown Cow Floats! A dairy farm in a nearby town makes their own ice cream. And it is the BEST! They also sell Brown Cow Floats! So. Dang. Good. Let me show you how!
They are simple to make. Here’s the routine.
- Choose flavors of ice cream that crank your tractor.
- Add scoops of ice cream to a jar, cup, mug, or any container you can find!
- Pour chocolate milk over the top of ice cream scoops!
And this step is optional but oh so yummy and worth it! Add whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a few chocolate sprinkles if you want!
Right now on our farm we are cutting hay. It’s a busy time of year and all hands are on deck. Lunch time feels like a fast food joint because my boys come in in shifts. Someone always needs to be in the equipment working so they take turns eating lunch while the other one drives the swather (a piece of equipment used for cutting hay down). I’ll post soon about all that fun! Carson happened to get the good shift, the shift when I was making these Brown Cow Floats! Being the child of food blogger is tough, but someone has to do it!
While eating his float he informed me about his trip to the State Fair last fall with his FFA group. Apparently he ate four, yes four, brown cow floats in one day! Guess he likes them a bit!
Celebrate dairy month with me and make yourself and your kids a Brown Cow Float! I don’t think you could pack anymore dairy products in a glass if you tried. Oh, and our milk cows aren’t brown, they are black and white, but we still make Brown Cow Floats!
- ice cream (any flavors, use as many scoops as you want. I usually use about 2-3 per serving)
- chocolate milk (enough to fill the float, about 8 oz per serving)
- whipped cream (as much as you want)
- chocolate syrup (enough for drizzling)
- chocolate sprinkles (use for a garnish)
- Add scoops of any flavors of ice cream to a mug, glass, of any other single serving container.
- Pour chocolate milk over scoops of ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve immediately!