I went to a friends house one night and she shared a big bowl of something similar to this “puffcorn”. I resisted for the longest time because I thought it was plain old popcorn, except really big popcorn (hers didn’t have milk chocolate or dried cranberries). I’m not a fan of cold popcorn. At all. Finally I caved and tried a piece. I was immediately addicted! For better or for worse. I changed it up a little and still love it every time I make it!
This is the “Puffcorn” that somehow I had been missing out on. It’s the best!
Melt almond bark in the microwave. Melt it 30 seconds at a time, on 1/2 power. Stir between intervals. Keep stirring and cooking until it is all melted and smooth.
Now here’s the hard part…dump dried cranberries and Puffcorn in with the white chocolate. Gently toss to coat.
Spread on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Let it cool.
I used the same melting method as I used with the almond bark to melt some milk “dipping” chocolate. When it was nice and smooth I drizzled it over the “Puffcorn” Let it cool.
Just like that. You are done. Really the hardest part for me is trying not to eat the whole thing by myself!
Aren’t some of life’s greatest pleasures in the simplest things? This is definitely one of those simplest things that you shouldn’t live without during the Holidays!
- 1 bag Chesters Puffcorn
- 8 oz. almond bark, cut into pieces
- 1½ c. dried cranberries
- 1 oz. milk dipping chocolate
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt almond bark in the microwave. Melt it at ½ power for 30 second intervals. Stir after each interval. Continue cooking and melting until smooth.
- Pour Puffcorn and cranberries over melted almond bark. Gently toss to coat.
- Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt dipping chocolate using the same method as used for almond bark. Once it is smooth, drizzle over Puffcorn.
- Let cool.