…Good things like orange glaze brushed on a warm sweet roll!
Of course Orange Twists are best when they are still warm and dripping with glaze! If you know you are going to have a super busy morning you can always make them the night before and warm them up for a few seconds before serving them. You are going to be coming back to this recipe morning after morning! These cute little knots are that good!
- 1 16 oz. can refrigerated biscuits
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 T. orange zest
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix granulated sugar 1 T. of orange zest together in a shallow bowl.
- Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each biscuit into a rope. Tie each rope in a loose knot. Tuck the ends underneath the knot. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush tops of knots with melted butter. Dip buttered tops in orange sugar mixture.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch carefully so the sugar doesn’t burn.
- While knots are baking make an orange glaze. Mix powdered sugar, orange juice and remaining orange zest together.
- While knots are still warm brush them with orange glaze.
- Let cool for about 2-3 minutes. Serve.
- You can store Orange Knots in an airtight container and serve the next day. They are best warmed in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
I thought you might need a few more make ahead breakfast options!
“This post was originally published at Ella Claire on March 17, 2015″